The expansion of eCommerce in the past few years has eliminated all the obstacles to running cross-border commerce. With Shopify merchants, selling to international customers opens up a wide variety of new opportunities that have not yet been touched.
However, running a successful Shopify cross-border business means that you have to satisfy your international shoppers first. You won’t be able to do that if your store lacks a Shopify currency converter.
In this article, we will discover the best free and paid Shopify currency converter apps that can satisfy visitors coming from any country to your store.
Shopify currency converter app & its key features
By default, Shopify only allows you to display pricing in a fixed currency type, making it inconvenient for international customers as they have to calculate the price in their local currencies themselves.
Shopify currency converter app automatically detects customers’ location and converts the price at your store to their local currency. Thus, it saves international customers from the trouble of converting the price themselves. Plus, it delivers a personalized shopping experience for customers visiting your Shopify site for the first time.
Key features of a Shopify currency converter app:
- Auto-convert currency: Detects customers’ location and automatically switches prices to match customers’ home currency.
- Add multi-currency: Let international shoppers select the currency they prefer.
- Currency rounding rules: After converting, the prices are normally not in a user-readable format. You can set up rounding rules based on your preference. For instance, €74.79 is displayed as €75.00 or €75.
- Currency selection dropdown: Customize the currency switcher dropdown to make it match your store theme.
- Integration with third-party apps
Best currency converter apps for Shopify
Best free Shopify currency converter apps
1. SmartCS: Currency Converter – ⭐ 4.9 (1,100+ reviews)
Deliver a highly personalized shopping experience for your international customers with SmartCS. This Shopify currency converter will automatically display the proper currency of shoppers when they visit your site based on geographic location. The exchange rate is updated from Shopify, so you don’t need to worry about its accuracy.
There are 9 available currency switcher templates so you can easily choose the one that best matches your brands. Plus, it’s possible to position the switcher based on your preference as well.
Rating: 4.9 (1,100+ reviews)
- Switch pricing to customers’ local currency.
- Set up rules for round price automatically.
- Change the display of currency format.
- Support the built-in currency selector of your theme.
- Adjust the currency for selected countries from the backend.
- Responsive across all devices.
2. Multi Currency Converter Hero – ⭐ 4.9 (600+ reviews)
Multi Currency Converter Hero is a completely free app that supports converting currency at your Shopify store. No matter where your customer comes from, the app will automatically switch the pricing to deliver a seamless shopping experience.
Though this currency converter app only comes with a set of basic features, it’s a good option for small stores as you don’t need to pay any fee. They also offer US-based support, so don’t hesitate to contact them if you face any issues.
Rating: 4.9 (600+ reviews)
- Automatically switch currency based on customer location.
- Enable/disable app instantly.
- No coding skills required.
- US-based support.
3. BUCKS Currency Converter PRO++ – ⭐ 4.9 (400+ reviews)
Bucks Currency Converter PRO++ is one of the most comprehensive Shopify currency converter apps on our list that you can utilize without any fee. With the instant loader feature, Bucks can convert the pricing to match the customer’s location in a blink of an eye.
This app also allows you to customize the position and style of currency selection to match your store vibes. If you want further customization, simply take advantage of the Custom CSS to advance the available features.
Rating: 4.9 (400+ reviews)
- Automatically switch to customer local currency with instant speed.
- Support 160+ currencies.
- Personalize the currency rounding method.
- Customize the style for currency selection dropdown.
- Work with AJAX carts & multiple variants.
- Exceptional customer support.
- Manual API support for third-party integrations.
4. Currency Converter & Switcher – ⭐ 4.9 (200+ reviews)
With the aim of supporting small business, Webrex Studio released the forever-free Shopify currency converter app that comes with 24/7 premium support. You can effortlessly set up country-specific rules to convert currency or utilize the default currency setting.
Moreover, this app includes many advanced features that often come with a paid currency converter app, such as changing currency for the default country or customizing currency symbols.
Rating: 4.9 (200+ reviews)
- Automatically switch pricing to match customer local currency.
- Customize currency format & symbols.
- Set smart rules to apply to specific countries.
- Design the currency selection dropdown.
- Show/hide currency selection dropdown.
- Set up currency rounding rules.
- Add custom CSS
Best paid Shopify currency converter apps
5. Best Currency Converter – ⭐ 4.7 (8,300+ reviews)
BEST Currency Converter is the most-rated Shopify currency converter app with 4.9 out of 5 stars on Shopify app store. The highlighted feature that makes this app appealing to many Shopify merchants is that it can work well with any theme, so you don’t need to worry about buggings and issues after installation.
No matter where your customers live, this app will detect the IP and automatically select the home currency for them. As Shopify doesn’t allow currency conversion on the checkout page, BEST Currency Converter will provide a custom message on the cart page to notify customers. Also, if customers move the mouse over the converted prices, they’re still able to see the original price.
Rating: 4.7 (8,300+ reviews)
- Work with 160+ currencies, including Bitcoin.
- Convert price to customer local currency instantly.
- Let customers change the currency manually from the Currency Switcher.
- Remove price decimals.
- Work smoothly on any theme, including Ajax checkout.
- Checkout currency notification.
- Elite Plan: $9.95/month
6. MLV Auto Currency Switcher – ⭐ 4.8 (5,400+ reviews)
MLV Auto Currency Switcher is also one of the best-rated and installed currency switcher apps. Every feature you need to set up the currency converter at your Shopify can be accessed with MLV.
MLV Auto Currency Switcher will detect customers’ country based on their IP geolocation and convert the price to their local currency automatically. Plus, you can decide where you want to place the switcher, which country flag you want to display, and other features.
Rating: 4.8 (5,400+ reviews)
- Detects customers’ location based on their IP.
- Convert prices to match their local currency.
- Compatible with Shopify multi-currency by Shopify Payments.
- Display readable price figures based on your configuration.
- Decide where to display the currency switcher.
- Paid plan: $9.95/month
7. Transcy: AI Language Translate – ⭐ 4.9 (5,000+ reviews)
Pay for one app, and you can receive both languages and currency converters with Transcy. As a leading Shopify localization solution, Transcy helps you satisfy customers coming from various countries by displaying the local pricing instantly.
Transcy includes an eye-catching currency switcher with separate settings for mobile and desktop devices. While the setup itself is easy and straightforward, you can contact their customer support team anytime if any issue arises.
Rating: 4.9 (5,000+ reviews)
- Support 167+ popular currencies.
- The exchange rate is updated daily and can be edited manually.
- Optimal rounding system for each currency.
- Easy to use without any learning curve.
- 24/7 world-class support.
- Basic: $9.90/month
- Growth: $19.90/month
- Premium: $39.90/month
8. Currency Converter Plus – ⭐ 4.9 (700+ reviews)
Currency Converter Plus is a highly configurable and stable app to automatically detect customers’ countries and show the price in their home currency. Advertise itself as a simple and lightweight solution, this app works smoothly on your Shopify store without any complex configuration.
Help customers enjoy a seamless experience while shopping at your Shopify store with various currency configurator features. Also, the exchange rate will be updated every minute from reliable resources to save you the trouble of inaccurate currency exchange rates.
Rating: 4.9 (700+ reviews)
- Automatically detect customer’s country and show the price accordingly.
- Detects IP geolocation from high-quality IP databases.
- 222+ currencies are available, including Bitcoin.
- Configure the currency format.
- Fully compatible with Shopify Multi-Currency.
- Work smoothly on all devices.
- Easy integration with third-party multi-language apps.
- 24/7 supports.
9. Language Translate + Currency – ⭐ 4.8 (900+ reviews)
Language Translate + Currency supports you to switch currencies and translate stores into multiple languages based on customers’ geolocation.
Although this app focuses more on language translation, Shopify currency converter features still work smoothly to automatically switch pricing at your store to match customers’ home currency. Plus, you can utilize this app for free with various language, currency, and SEO features, which can save you a fortune.
Rating: 4.8 (900+ reviews)
- Auto switch language & currency based on customer’s location.
- Add multi-currency to your store from 150+ currencies.
- Custom currency conversion for a specific currency.
- Customize rounding rules for currency.
- Dedicated support available.
Pricing: Free plan available. Paid plan starts from $8.99/month.
10. Currency Converter Bear – ⭐ 4.9 (500+ reviews)
Provide a seamless shopping experience for international customers while still enhancing the look of your store with Currency Converter Bear.
This app provides you with many design features to customize the look of the currency switcher design and make it match your store theme. There are 4 ready-made layouts that you can utilize at any time, and you can go further with custom CSS/JS partials for ultimate control and flexibility.
Rating: 4.9 (500+ reviews)
- Remove decimals and display round converted prices.
- Stunning design layouts & flags.
- Themes 2.0 support.
- Add custom CSS & JS for further customization.
- Completely integrated with Shopify Currencies.
- 160+ currencies are supported. Add currency as you wish.
11. Currency Converter ‑ Translate – ⭐ 4.7 (500+ reviews)
Another app that can support you in converting both currency and language at your store is Currency Converter – Translate by Autoketing.
This app detects customers’ location with IP and auto-switch the default pricing into customers’ local currency. The exchange rate will be updated every 3 hours. Also, all the converted pricing configurations can be adjusted as wished to satisfy customers coming to your store to the fullest.
Autoketing also helps leverage the design at your store with 5 available currency selector themes with customizable styles. Simply choose the one you like, or adjust the theme to match your store style.
Rating: 4.7 (500+ reviews)
- No coding required. 1-click to set up.
- 164+ popular currencies available.
- Display price based on customer IP.
- Display and customize currency notifications at the checkout screen.
- Currency rates are updated every 3 hours.
- Work flawlessly with any theme.
- Easy customization and integration with other apps.
- Premium Plan: $9.99/month
12. Coin Currency Converter – ⭐ 4.9 (470+ reviews)
Reach more customers globally with Coin Currency Converter by ShopPad. This app utilizes the gold standard in commerce IP detection to immediately identify where your visitors are coming from to display the price in their local currency.
Normally, Shopify doesn’t allow you to show multi-currency at the checkout page. However, If your store has already integrated with Shopify Payments, Coin Currency Converter can display multi currency pricing smoothly.
Rating: 4.9 (470+ reviews)
- Convert product’s price into shopper’s home currency.
- Support 193+ currencies, including cryptocurrency.
- Native checkout for multiple currencies with Shopify Payments.
- Configure the rounding currency rules.
- Compatible with Ajax Cart.
13. B2B/Wholesale Solution – ⭐ 4.9 (250+ reviews)
Among the best solutions for B2B merchants, B2B/Wholesale Solution is the perfect name suggested. The currency converter is one of the highlight features which lets merchants sell globally. Without any coding skills required, the app allows users to customize the price and display it in multiple currencies. In that way, you can utilize your app to boost your sales effectively.
Moreover, B2B/ Wholesale Solution by BSS also offers users customized prices in many ways, such as setting prices based on customers/customer tags and product quantities in orders. This is extremely helpful in attracting wholesale customers to your online store. In addition, the app also supports users by limiting the minimum amount so that only qualified customers can receive the discounted price.
Rating: 4.9 (250+ reviews)
- Allow customers to add tags based on the rules.
- Use the form to differentiate customers by tags.
- Set pricing rules based on customer tags or the number of products in the order.
- Use real-time validation of EU/ABN VAT numbers automatically for tax exemption.
- Execute orders through the admin backend manually.
- Apply Fields to Order/Draft Order.
- Essential plan: $25/month
- Advanced plan: $50/month
- Platinum plan: $100/month
14. Multi Currency Converter – ⭐ 4.8 (200+ reviews)
Maximize global sales by reaching international customers with the Multi-currency Converter by Hextom. This app supports displaying local currencies to visitors coming from all around the world, thus providing a localized shopping experience.
Besides automatically updating the exchange rate from reliable sources, you are able to define the exchange rate manually. Plus, there are multiple options to round the converted pricing as your defined rules, so you can deliver a clean and professional store look.
Rating: 4.8 (200+ reviews)
- Auto-detect local currency based on visitors’ location.
- Add currency dropdown menu for manual selection.
- Define the exchange rate as wished.
- Optimized to display beautifully across devices.
- Multiple options to round the converted prices.
15. Currency Converter Ultimate – ⭐ 4.9 (200+ reviews)
Currency Converter Ultimate by Kilatech is an affordable Shopify currency converter for your store, as its paid plan only comes at $4.99 per month.
Currency Converter Ultimate auto detects customer location to display their local currency on your products, thus creating a sense of personalization. This app also works well with Shopify multi-currency and Shopify Market to deliver a seamless experience from start to finish at your store.
Rating: 4.9 (200+ reviews)
- Switch currency automatically based on customer location.
- Display smart currency dropdown for customers.
- Integrate the currency dropdown to the desired menu.
- Work well with any theme.
- Exchange rates are updated every hour.
- Support Shopify Multi-currency checkout and Shopify Market.
- Premium Plan: $4.99/month
Selling globally with a Shopify currency converter app
Selling on a global scale opens up new opportunities, but it also requires a personalized and seamless shopping experience for international shoppers. We hope that you can find the most suitable Shopify currency converter app for your store and increase global sales in no time!