Recent research reveals that around 63% of customer journeys start online where consumers do some online research before making a purchase and 67.60% of all clicks go to the first five search results. These numbers reveal one thing: Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, can become an effective weapon to drive organic traffic to your Shopify store.
If you are struggling with SEO, or simply want to boost up SEO of your Shopify store, this article is for you. We will discover the best Shopify SEO apps that cover all SEO best practices for higher rankings and sustainable organic traffic.
Shopify SEO app & its key features
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a set of best practices for optimizing your site so that it can be easily found on search engines like Google, thus increasing quality traffic to your Shopify store. This is one of the most powerful eCommerce marketing channels, and though it requires more time and effort compared to other paid marketing tactics, the result is much more valued and sustainable.
Although Shopify has already provided you with many outstanding SEO-friendly features, there is still lots of room for improvement. Shopify SEO apps help you detect SEO issues and deal with many SEO-related problems with ease.
There are many Shopify apps with various features & pricing that can help you enhance your Shopify SEO. Therefore, we have analyzed all the best features that a good Shopify SEO app should perform so you can make an easier decision on what SEO app is the most suitable. Also, you can utilize these feature explanations to understand the apps better when examining each app in our list.
- Improve site speed
Site speed is one of the most important factors that boost your site’s ranking on SERPs, and it is also related to your customer experience when browsing your site. A great SEO app will help you speed up your Shopify store to help it perform better on search results.
- Optimize product title & description
If your Shopify store has thousands of items, editing all product descriptions for SEO might be a daunting task. Shopify SEO app will automatically optimize product title & description for better SEO. They even analyze the trending keywords you should utilize for better results.
- Optimize image & image alt tag
Large image size can slow down your store speed, thus affecting your store ranking on SERPs. You can compress image size and keep its quality remained with a Shopify SEO app. These apps automatically add and optimize alt tags of images on your Shopify site. You are able to manage all your pictures from one dashboard easily.
- Optimize structured data:
Structured data, or schema markup, is a code that contains information about your page that helps search engines understand your page content. Schema markup often fulfills the look of your product results on SERPs, like by adding rating stars, pricing, stock amount, etc., and lets them appear on Google search results. JSON-LD structured data is the most common way that information is structured for schema markup.
Rich snippets, or rich results, are Google search results with additional data displayed. A Shopify SEO app will help you optimize Google rich snippets for the best result on SERPs.
- Optimize XML & HTML sitemap
An XML sitemap helps search engines know the overall structure of your Shopify store and crawl every essential page of your site. Meanwhile, an HTML sitemap helps visitors access your store easier. Natively, Shopify supports you to manage your store sitemap, but the default options might require some technical skills to complete. A Shopify SEO app can help you do that with a click.
- SEO analysis & reports
You will receive detailed reports on real-time SEO issues as well as suggested solutions on how to mitigate these problems.
- Integrate with other apps
Best Shopify SEO apps Easily integrate with other Shopify & third-party apps and software.
Best SEO apps for your Shopify store
Comprehensive Shopify SEO apps
These SEO apps can support you in major SEO aspects, such as improving site speed, optimizing images & structured data, etc.
1. Booster SEO & Image Optimizer – ⭐ 4.8 (3,500+ reviews)
Save precious time and effort to optimize your Shopify SEO with the Booster SEO app, one of the most-rated SEO apps in the Shopify app store. With years of experience in analyzing the best practices for eCommerce SEO, Booster SEO experts have come up with a simple, automated SEO app that helps you implement many technical SEO features in a few clicks.
Rating: 4.8 (3,500+ reviews)
- SEO Autopilot: Instantly find, diagnose and fix SEO issues.
- Optimize image alt tags to boost image search traffic.
- Ensure all your product meta tags are relevant & optimized.
- Automatically reduce the image size with an image compression engine. Optimize images in bulk.
- Ensure URLs are well structured with the URL Keyword Optimization tool.
- Automatically build, maintain, and submit your store’s sitemap to Google.
- Fix broken links. Redirect 404 pages.
- Send weekly SEO Health Reports to your inbox.
- 24/7 US-Based SEO Support.
- Pro: $39/month
- Premium: $69/month
2. SEO Image Optimizer Page Speed – ⭐ 4.9 (3,300+ reviews)
One of the best comprehensive Shopify SEO apps on our list today is SEO Image Optimizer Page Speed by Avada. Avada SEO Image Optimizer Page Speed makes sure your Shopify store meets all the checklist of Google Search best practices, such as optimizing image alt tag & structured data, submitting sitemap, etc. This app also speeds up your Shopify store with optimized image size and enhanced Google Core Web Vitals. Besides, their dedicated customer support team takes all issues into the highest priority, so don’t hesitate to contact them if you encounter any problems while using the app.
Avada SEO Image Optimizer Page Speed comes with a free plan that includes some limited SEO features to help you optimize your ALT tags, HTML sitemap, and 404-page auto scan. For other advanced SEO features, you need to subscribe to the Pro plan.
Rating: 4.9 (3,300+ reviews)
- Optimize images to boost the loading speed. Compress image sizes and keep the quality unchanged.
- Add image alt tag automatically to images on product page, collection page, and blog post.
- Optimize page structured data for important pages: Product page, collection page, blog page, etc.
- Automatically optimize meta title & description for Product, Collection, Blog listing, Single Blog page.
- Allow redirect 404 not found pages to a specific URL.
- Preload any page you want to speed up site speed.
- Detailed SEO analytics with SEO problems.
- Pro: $34.95/month
3. SEO Booster ‑ SEO Marketing – ⭐ 4.9 (2,800+ reviews)
SEO Booster – SEO Marketing by Secomapp is a one-size-fits-all SEO app that supports optimizing all SEO elements of your Shopify store. This is one of the most comprehensive SEO apps that we found on our list today, as all SEO-related issues can be handled easily with this app. Besides, the app interface is extremely easy to navigate, and everything is super clear since they have ignored all SEO technical terms. Therefore, this is a good SEO app for both beginners and SEO experts.
Rating: 4.9 (2,800+ reviews)
- Scan all your Shopify store for existing SEO issues. Recommend solutions with detailed how-to-fix guide.
- Suggest SEO keywords for better ranking & organic traffic.
- Increase the site’s loading speed with instant page & pre-loaded page.
- Enhance mobile customers’ experience with AMP.
- Edit rich snippet easily. List your product rating, price, and stock amount on Google search with JSON-LD.
- Auto add alt tags for all product images.
- Research your competitors’ SEO situation with website diagnosis.
- Integrate with Google Analytics and Google Search Console for more comprehensive SEO insights.
- Detailed SEO reports to help you keep track of your store’s SEO.
- 24/7 real-time support. Expert support team helps you customize SEO on your site as you want.
- Premium: $39/month
- Enterprise: $79/month
4. SEO Manager – ⭐ 4.7 (1,700+ reviews)
SEO Manager is among the highest-rated Shopify SEO apps with an easy-to-use interface for boosting your shop’s SEO. Before getting down to the SEO implementation part, this app offers you a step-by-step tour that guides you through all app’s features, and they include comprehensive documents to further your understanding of SEO. Even if you are new to Shopify with little or no SEO skills, this app provides everything you need right at your fingertip to get ranked
Rating: 4.7 (1,700+ reviews)
- Advanced meta title & description, image alt tag settings.
- Scan ALT tags for all images to detect issues.
- Scan your Shopify store for SEO issues. Suggest recommendations on how to fix it.
- Suggest keywords & give keyword reports.
- Automatically submit sitemap to Google.
- Redirect page that is “out-of-stock”. Detect 404-error pages.
- Integrate with Google Search Console, Google Pagespeed, Google Trends.
5. Smart SEO – ⭐ 4.9 (1,000+ reviews)
Smart SEO is another fully-featured Shopify SEO app that helps you automate all SEO daunting tasks to improve your store ranking and boost up sales with organic traffic. The aim of Smart SEO is to cut down the precious time you spend on SEO optimization for your Shopify store, so they automatically optimize meta tags, structured data in JSON-LD format as well as to detect & fix broken links. You can generate your image alt tag in minutes and manage all your sitemap with ease.
Besides, this app comes with various language support, so if your Shopify store is running in multiple languages, you can still manage SEO for all of them easily.
Rating: 4.9 (1,000+ reviews)
- Optimize image size & image alt tag on every page of your Shopify site.
- Generate meta title & description automatically in seconds. No waiting required.
- Detect & fix broken links automatically.
- Provide structured data in JSON-LD format.
- Update sitemap with ease.
- Pro: $9.99/month
- Business: $19.99/month
- Premium: $29.99/month
6. SEO King – ⭐ 4.7 (900+ reviews)
Another app on the list of best Shopify SEO apps is SEO King. Similar to other comprehensive apps in this list, this app contains all essential SEO tools to improve your on-page SEO. SEO King has 4 pricing plans, but even with the free one, you still have unlimited access to free shop scan, photo edit, edit alt-texts in bulk, and more. Therefore, if your store is still small, or you want some basic SEO functions, you can take advantage of the free plan and upgrade to other plans as your store scales up.
Rating: 4.7 (900+ reviews)
- Scan every product and page in your store to detect and find SEO issues.
- Manage alt text in bulk. Automatically add tags to photos with smart SEO keywords.
- Customize meta title & description of all products.
- Display reviews and ratings directly in Google search results.
- Advanced sitemaps manager.
- Optimize new products automatically with the pre-setup SEO conditions.
- Scan your site to discover the most popular keywords. Easily research competitor sites.
- Manage keywords and see its performance.
- Small shops: $9.99/month
- Medium shops: $12.99/month
- Large shops: $14.99/month
7. SEO Pro – SEO Booster – ⭐ 4.6 (600+ reviews)
SEO Pro comes with basic SEO features for your store. It scans every page of your site to detect any on-page SEO issues and fix them automatically to save you time & effort. Later, they will send you a report every day through mail to notify you of SEO problems in your store. Moreover, this app lets you optimize images in bulk and update meta titles & meta descriptions for all pages as well as manage structured data easily, so basically everything you need for on-page SEO is covered.
Rating: 4.6 (600+ reviews)
- Scan all pages to identify SEO issues & fix them automatically. Get reports through mail daily.
- Optimize images in bulk. Update alt tags to all images quickly.
- Update meta title, meta description tags for all pages on your Shopify store.
- Organize rich snippets in JSON-LD format.
- Scan the site’s broken links and redirect them to other URLs automatically.
- Basic: $5.99/month
- Pro: $9.99/month
- Premium: $19.99/month
8. SEO Doctor ‑ Image Optimizer – ⭐ 4.6 (450+ reviews)
Although SEO Doctor – Image Optimizer might mislead us to think this app focuses only on optimizing images, this is actually an all-in-one tool to help you configure Shopify site to make it more SEO-friendly. SEO Doctor comes with 4 pricing plans, including a free one, but there is no automation feature. For other paid plans, you can enjoy their advanced automated tools to improve your on-page SEO & site speed.
Rating: 4.6 (450+ reviews)
- Find and fix all SEO issues on your Shopify site.
- Image optimization: Rename, compress & fix ALT tag.
- Optimize page title & product description for faster site speed.
- Dynamically submit sitemap.
- Automatically find and fix broken links on your store.
- Optimize site for mobile-friendly.
- Generate structured data with JSON-LD format.
- Integrate with Google Search Console and Google Page Speed.
- Basic: $14.99/month
- Pro: $29/month
- Enterprise: $79/month
9. SEO Get Clicked! SEO Tools – ⭐ 4.8 (350+ reviews)
SEO Get Clicked! promises to give you all the SEO tools you need to improve your Shopify store rankings on search engines. From editing rich snippets to improving your site speed, this app will help you get organic traffic by guiding you through every step of SEO optimization. They even include educational videos to help you learn about SEO and how you can tackle SEO issues with their app. Besides, their dedicated customer support team is always available to assist you one-on-one if you need any support.
Rating: 4.8 (350+ reviews)
- Instantly add SEO structured data to your entire website. Optimize your product rich snippets on Google Search.
- SEO keyword tools available. Get ranked with the most effective keywords.
- Edit Page title, meta description, image ALT tags with ease.
- Optimize your Shopify store to be fully mobile-friendly.
- 404 Error Redirect Tool
- SEO scanner runs automatically on all products.
- Integrate with Google Pagespeed Insights, Google Mobile Speed Test, Google Trends.
- Pro SEO: $19.99/month
10. SEO ‑ All in One & Auto SEO – ⭐ 4.5 (280+ reviews)
Get a higher rank on Google Search Engine with SEO – All in One. This app offers every SEO feature you need to improve images, on-page SEO, structured data, and more. However, as SEO is a long-term strategy, they suggest you utilize SEO – All in One for at least 4 months to get impressive results with highly increased organic traffic.
Rating: 4.5 (280+ reviews)
- Scan for SEO-related problems. Give real-time reports.
- Save template for meta tags. Apply in bulk.
- Smart image ALT tags to increase traffic from Google image search.
- Dynamically generate structured data based on JSON-LD format.
- Detect broken links & track 404-page through Google Webmaster Tool.
- Beginner-friendly interface with FAQs and Instructions.
- Enterprise: $8.99/month
11. SEO Products Optimizer – ⭐ 5.0 (80+ reviews)
Get the real-time SEO score of your site and receive recommendations with SEO Products Optimizer. This app is designed to be beginner-friendly, so its interface is super easy to use, and you don’t need to know any SEO knowledge to start. With its automated SEO features, this app will automatically generate tags based on your product photo content and set up structured data for all products within your store.
Rating: 5.0 (80+ reviews)
- Scan your site for SEO issues. Get real-time optimized SEO recommendations to fix instantly.
- Generate structured data (JSON-LD) in one single click.
- Generate SEO tags automatically.
- Add ALT text to product images in bulk.
- Easy to configure with a user-friendly interface.
- Premium Plan: $14/month
Best Shopify apps to optimize sitemap & structured data
These Shopify SEO apps focus on optimizing your site structured data and submitting your XML sitemap to Google automatically.
12. SEO Sitemap Builder #1 Sitemap – ⭐ 4.8 (30+ reviews)
One of the most-rated Shopify SEO apps you can consider to control your HTML sitemap setting is SEO Sitemap Builder #1 Sitemap. Besides automatically updating your HTML sitemap with new products & items, this app helps you change the title, description, or appearance of your sitemap with 1 click. You can also customize the HTML sitemap as you wish to match the style of your store as well.
Rating: 4.8 (30+ reviews)
- Instantly generates an HTML sitemap for your store.
- Automatically pulls in new products and adds them to sitemap.
- Advanced options to enter custom HTML & CSS.
- Includes daily maintenance & future improvements.
- Step by step guide to add sitemap link to footer.
13. JSON‑LD for SEO – ⭐ 4.9 (500+ reviews)
This app helps Shopify store owners to transform search results into high-quality data and more complete rich results on Google search engines. Rather than a bland and full-of-text result, your product result now will include your product’s photos, prices, availability, and reviews. With such a comprehensive set of data available for rich snippets, your products can stand out in SERPs without investing too much time in SEO.
Rating: 4.9 (500+ reviews)
- Easy to install. Get ready to run in under 2 minutes.
- Instantly collect needed information to fill in Google rich results.
- Effectively create rich results for your Shopify products.
- Audit store data to ensure the app has connected your data properly.
- Integrate with the 20 of the most popular Shopify review apps.
- Unlimited app support with direct priority access
Pricing: $399 (one time charge)
14. Schema Plus for SEO – ⭐ 4.9 (250+ reviews)
SchemaPlus is confident to be the most advanced schema markup SEO app for Shopify stores, as it is developed by former Google software engineers. SchemaPlus will add schema to your website so that search engines and other crawlers will index and understand the content of your site better. As a result, your rich snippet will be filled with the most relevant and most-updated content on search engines.
Rating: 4.9 (250+ reviews)
- Add review stars to Google rich snippets.
- Remove schema errors.
- Turn on/off specific types of schema.
- Get rid of Google Search Console issues.
- Currently integrate with 10+ review apps on Shopify app store. Contact them if you need integration with other apps.
- 24/7 Customer Support
15. DropInBlog ‑ SEO Friendly Blog – ⭐ 4.9 (150+ reviews)
If you have been having trouble modifying your blog with the default blog section of Shopify, this app will be a great option to redesign your blog with built-in SEO functions. DropInBlog helps you create a lightning-fast, mobile-friendly and beautiful blog with intuitive drag-and-drop builders. When you create your posts, this app will provide instant SEO recommendations as you type. Moreover, you can turn your blog posts into a sales channel by embedding products into posts directly from the editor. Let your customers add their favorite items to cart while reading your post.
Rating: 4.9 (150+ reviews)
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop blog builders.
- Embed products into posts directly from the editor.
- Add schema for structured data & rich snippets.
- Create beautiful author pages.
- Add your own blog styles for a customized look.
- Import & redirect your existing Shopify Blog posts.
- Instant SEO recommendations as-you-type.
- Lite: $24/month
- Standard: $49/month
16. ReloadSEO – ⭐ 4.7 (100+ reviews)
Though Reload SEO claims to be the all-in-one SEO tool for Shopify stores, this app focuses mainly on on-page SEO content. With this app, you can effectively monitor your keyword research, optimize content, and research your competitor’s content. All issues and suggestions will be reported through a dashboard to make sure you don’t miss any important SEO content factors.
Rating: 4.7 (100+ reviews)
- Get trustworthy, up-to-date, relevant keyword lists related to your products & industry. Analyze keyword difficulty.
- Get live feedback on your SEO writing with a content analysis algorithm.
- Optimize meta descriptions and content on every page of your store.
- Check for SEO issues and report in real-time.
- Analyze the top 10 results in Google for any given keyword. Get recommendations on how to outrank them.
- Starter Plan: $14.95/month
Best Shopify apps to optimize images
One of the best ways to improve search ranking and speed up your Shopify store is to optimize images on your site. These Shopify SEO apps focus on optimizing images for your store.
17. Image Optimizer & SEO Audit – ⭐ 4.9 (300+ reviews)
Optimize your Shopify store images for free with Image Optimizer & SEO Audit. You are able to optimize thousands of images in one click, and all image quality remains. Besides, this app also gives you an overall report of your SEO, and how you can improve SEO components. Every feature is available for free, so this is a good Shopify SEO app for any store size.
Rating: 4.9 (300+ reviews)
- Optimize images in one click.
- Get an overall SEO report. Free SEO audit for every page of your store.
- Receive insights on how to improve your SEO.
18. Bulk Image Edit ‑ Image SEO – ⭐ 4.8 (2,100+ reviews)
This is one of the most comprehensive image optimization apps for Shopify stores. From editing image size in bulk to optimizing images’ alt text & file name, you can make changes to images on your store in bulk with a few simple clicks.
Rating: 4.8 (2,100+ reviews)
- Optimize image sizes, alt-text, and file names with customizable templates.
- Resize or crop images in bulk to fit any social media or sales channel listing.
- Add watermark to your product and theme images.
- Compress product or theme image size without image quality loss.
- Review the images that have been edited.
- Revert/undo any changes that have been made.
- Starter: Free
- Basic: $9.99/month
- Professional: $19.99/month
- Advanced: $49.99/month
19. TinyIMG SEO & Image Optimizer – ⭐ 4.9 (1,000+ reviews)
TinyIMG SEO & Image Optimizer is another great Shopify SEO app for optimizing your images without reducing their quality. Besides, this app comes with many other SEO features to detect SEO issues and generate structured data automatically. The pricing of this app is quite reasonable even for small businesses.
Rating: 4.9 (1,000+ reviews)
- Generate reports on SEO situations. Give suggestions to fix any found issues.
- Automatically optimizes images and uploads the optimized version to Shopify store.
- Optimize filename & alt text of product images.
- Edit meta titles and descriptions.
- Automatically detect and redirect visitors from broken links to working pages.
- Pay as you go: Free to install
- Starter: $9.99/month
- Growth: $19.99/month
20. Crush.pics ‑ Image Optimizer – ⭐ 4.8 (900+ reviews)
Optimize your images for SEO effectively with Crush.pics. This app compresses both your product images and asset images (themes, blog images, etc) automatically, so you don’t need to worry about site loading speed. Besides, naming image files and alt tags might take time if you have thousands of SKUs to handle. Therefore, Crush.pics lets you define image filename & alt tags with your own naming convention, then it will optimize all your product images file names & alt tags accordingly.
Rating: 4.8 (900+ reviews)
- Automate image compression without quality loss.
- Set up your compression and renaming settings.
- Easy-to-use alt tag renaming feature.
- Access all images from one intuitive dashboard.
- Automatically rename all image files and ALT tags with default settings or create your own naming convention.
- Micro: $4.99/month
- Pro: $9.99/month
- Advanced: $19.99/month
21. SEO Audit + Image compression – ⭐ 4.6 (600+ reviews)
SEO Audit + Image compression takes care of images on your site by compressing them by up to 70%, while still preserving image quality. You can promote our stores on Image search by adding watermarks to your images and changing the watermarks within 30 days. Besides, this app lets you adjust all the images’ file names & alt tags in bulk. All changes on images belong to you even after you uninstall the app.
Rating: 4.6 (600+ reviews)
- Reduce image size up to 70% without losing quality.
- Adjust file name and alt tag easily.
- Automatically set up image meta tag.
- 30-day free backup image storage
- Convert PNG to JPG.
- Automated lazy image loading.
- Starter: $12/month
- Basic: $25/month
- Advanced: $40/month
Best Shopify apps to optimize site speed
These best Shopify SEO apps aim at enhancing your site’s speed by utilizing Google AMP. AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages, is a technology designed by Google to speed up the website and make it mobile-friendly using the AMP framework. AMP pages load faster and smoother, thus improving SEO significantly and providing an excellent mobile shopping experience at your Shopify store.
22. AMP by Shop Sheriff – ⭐ 5.0 (500+ reviews)
AMP by Shop Sheriff is a 5-star rated Shopify SEO app that is recommended by the Google AMP team. This app is a customizable AMP solution to help you convert your Shopify pages into AMP versions. With their intuitive page-builder, you can customize all AMP pages with ease, or simply choose from their template library to pick the one that matches your store theme. Even their free plan comes with many powerful features, so this app is suitable for every Shopify business out there.
Rating: 5.0 (500+ reviews)
- Create AMP versions of your Shopify pages.
- Create and edit your AMP page with ease.
- Unlimited AMP template collections.
- Optimized URLs for SEO.
- Import image, video, and iframe into AMP page automatically.
- Get reports on site speed.
- Integrate with third-party apps & services.
- PWA integration.
- Hobbyist: $9/month
- Company: $29/month
- Enterprise: $99/month
23. AMP by Ampify Me – ⭐ 4.8 (400+ reviews)
AMP by Ampify Me helps you turn your Shopify site into fast, beautiful, and high-performing pages across devices with Google AMP. Not only did you see better results in SEO rankings, but you could also provide a user-friendly experience for your customers, no matter which devices they are using to browse your site.
Rating: 4.8 (400+ reviews)
- Convert your store into AMP pages.
- Rich AMP editor with Shopify editor look and feel.
- Free AMP themes that match your brand.
- PWA integration.
- Integrate with the most popular third-party apps and services.
- Hobbyist: $9.99/month
- Small company: $29.99/month
24. Fire AMP – ⭐ 4.7 (170+ reviews)
Convert all Shopify pages into AMP validated pages in a click with Fire AMP to enhance the page loading speed of your site. You can also customize the AMP page format with header and footer to fit your Shopify store theme and style. However, though Fire AMP claims that they provide excellent support, there are still some complaints about the slow reply of their CS team.
Rating: 4.7 (170+ reviews)
- Creates AMP validated pages for all your pages.
- Set up AMP format: header, footer, and style.
- Support third-party Shopify app integration.
- Integrate with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Tracking pixels.
Choose the best SEO apps for your Shopify store
Each Shopify SEO app in this list comes with various features & pricing plans to boost the SEO rankings of your store. Some apps are all-in-one SEO tools with comprehensive sets of SEO features, while some apps focus mainly on specific SEO aspects to optimize them to the fullest potential. We hope that our article can help you narrow down the options when it comes to choosing the best Shopify SEO apps for your store. Don’t forget to leave us some comments on the apps that you find the most useful!